|The subject of this article is from the ExoMech update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 10 June, 2020.
The information from this article is is up-to-date as of 10 June, 2020.
|Power usage||50 kPs|
Bio-Dome is a base building product.
The blueprint can only be obtained via Base Research Terminal inside the Anomaly.
An attractive domed room which is perfect for cultivating a wide range of botanical matter.
- Although there are 16 available slots for growing plants, if a door is placed on the structure, three available slots will be removed. Therefore it is advised to use a ladder from below to maximize the number of plants that can be grown.
- If you remove the door from inside the dome, place the plants, and add a door, the plants will remain. This allows every bio-dome to have 16 slots.
- If you can't snap the plant after deleting a corridor or door, you can create and delete the corridor or door again and it will be snappable.
- A corridor attached to a bio-dome will allow the full 16 slots to grow plants, even though one of them will be placed under the stairs attaching the corridor to the bio-dome.
- Bio-Domes are excellent for farming as they do not need any fuel to operate. They only require power to operate.
- Bio-Domes should mainly be used for plants that are not compatible with growing outdoors. This will save slots inside your domes for plants that are not outdoors hardy.
- Fully grown plants can be harvested all at once by interacting with the display panels that are mounted on the ceiling of the Bio-Dome.
- A Bio-Dome consumes 50kPs of power to operate. As Large Hydroponic Trays require 20kPs to provide four growing slots, Bio-Domes are more efficient for growing even if a single added entrance has reduced its planting space to only 13 slots.
Bug (2.32): Living Ship: When adding plants to a bio-dome that is on top of another structure, you may experience 'Invalid position' errors. To resolve this, remove any large objects (refiners, terminals) beneath the bio-dome, place your plants, then replace the large objects. Please report this bug here.
- Foundation - added as a base-building component
- Atlas Rises - formula changed, formerly used Titanium, Glass, and Suspension Fluid
- NEXT - Blueprint changed, formerly used Titanium, Glass, and Living Glass. The blueprint cannot be obtained from the blueprint merchant any longer.
- Beyond - Now require power to operate