The information from this article is up-to-date as of 28 October, 2018.
Irradiated is one of the Biome varieties.
Worlds with an Irradiated biome have a rocky surface with spirals, vents of steaming radioactive gasses and highly mutated, warped plants. Viewed from space, these worlds have lots of spiralling circles. The resources Uranium, Gamma Root and Radon can be found here.
Despite the radioactive nature of these planets, fauna are surprisingly common on these planets.
The sequence is taken from the game file.
- Decaying Nuclear
- High Radio Source
- High Energy
- Hazard protection is always on due to high amounts of radiation. Radiation Deflector upgrades are recommended, especially on extreme worlds.
- Radioactive storms can occur, draining hazard protection approximately three times higher more quickly than normal.
- Extremely irradiated worlds drains hazard protection at the same rate during a storm in a normal irradiated world.
- Storms in extremely irradiated worlds drain hazard protection approximately three times more quickly.
|Clear (No storms)||Normal||Extreme|
|Contaminated Puddles||Energetic Storms||Contaminated Squalls|
|Gamma Dust||Irradiated Downpours||Enormous Nuclear Storms|
|Irradiated Winds||Irradiated Storms||Extreme Atmospheric Decay|
|Nuclidic Atmosphere||Occasional Radiation Outbursts||Extreme Radioactivity|
|Radioactive Damp||Particulate Winds||Extreme Thermonuclear Fog|
|Radioactive Humidity||Radioactive Dust Storms||Frequent Particle Eruptions|
|Unstable Atmosphere||Reactive Rain||Gamma Cyclones|
|Volatile Winds||Unstable Fog||Irradiated Thunderstorms|
|Volatile Windstorms||Planet-Wide Radiation Storms|
|Roaring Nuclear Wind|
Finding the most dangerous planets is both part of an explorer's spirit and a natural tourist attraction. Further, some of them are famous landmarks. Here are some examples:
- Li Shipek / Li Shipek 2, 32 Rad (10.9 base radiation)
- Uppistad (see Ongyimid Shallows) / Edissus - Chromatic Mega Exotification
Several irradiated worlds have been observed by the Forgotten Colonies to enter a chromatic hue and mega-exotic pre-stage of the giant underwater plant variety, implying that their corruption and ultimate loss of coherence in the wake of the Atlas' demise is one and the same and may shed a light on the origin of those chromatics.
- The name generation and the sequence are extracted from the 1.77 version of NMS_UPDATE3_ENGLISH.MBIN game file.