Marsh is one of the Biome varieties.
Worlds with marsh biomes are characterized by stump-like, mangrove-inspired non-scannable trees and toxic-like fungi. Sometimes, seemingly artificial dwellings can be found. Marsh planets often feature long subterranean tunnels which open up horizontally to the planets surface (unlike caves in other biomes, which usually require vertical descent). Some of those worlds have conditions typical to lush planets while others can be toxic-like. When viewed from space, they look either misty, or like any other planet. The resources are inconsistent and there is no specific plant resource, which leads to uncommon resources appearing (e.g. Star Bulb). Sometimes Faecium or Mordite can be found in mineral deposits.
The biome type is indicated in the information panel when the player exits their starship. This is procedurally generated by adding one of the following prefixes to the Planet or Moon text.
The sequence is taken from the game file.
- Endless Morass
- On lush-like marsh planets the weather is the most ideal, as day and night temperatures don't enable hazard protection.
- Toxic-like marsh worlds require toxic hazard protection.
- Superheated (or toxic) storms can occur. Hazard Protection drain is similar to being in a storm on a hot/toxic biome.
- Extreme weather marsh worlds have seemingly everlasting rain, with superheated rainstorms occurring frequently. These storms are significantly more powerful, draining Hazard Protection in a similar rate as extreme heat storms in hot biomes.
|Sequence||Clear (No storms)||Normal||Extreme|
|1.||Gentle Mist||Tropical Storms||Death Fog|
|2.||Humid||Occasional Boiling Fog||Sultry Disaster|
|3.||Tropical Winds||Superheated Mists||Cataclysmic Monsoons|
|4.||Warm Fog||Painful Mist||Mists of Annihilation|
|5.||Temperate Murk||Infrequent Torrents||All-Consuming Fog|
|6.||Mild Damp||Oppressive||Liquid Hell|
|7.||Warm Dewdrops||Soggy Danger||Storms of Desolation|
|8.||Tepid Damp||Clammy Menace||Melting Deluges|
|9.||Sweaty Drizzle||Blistering Damp||Boiling Catastrophe|
|10.||Muggy Haze||Hazardous Moisture||Damp Misery|
There appears to be an additional weather type - Sticky Heat - that can occur on non-toxic-like marsh worlds. Planets with this weather type do produce storms of a calibre akin to the above Normal types.
If the Marsh biome has toxic storms, the weather descriptor may be taken from the Toxic biome list.
- The name generation and weather with their sequence are extracted from the 3.00 version of NMS_LOC6_ENGLISH.MBIN game file.
- Origins - Added as a new biome type.