Company Categories is a method of classifying Companies based on their business type and mission.
Company Categories was first adopted by the United Corporate Alliance to classify its individual members and provide clearer focus for its clientele.
- Sole Proprietaryship (SP) - A company that is run by a single individual with greater flexibility of management and assists. EXAMPLE - Vy'Kea Furniture Company
- General Partnership (GP) - A company with two or more individuals running it with no personal liability or negligence between the partners. EXAMPLE - Age of eXistence
- Limited Partnership (LP) - A company with one or more general partners and a limited partner such as a civilization. EXAMPLE - Oxalis Hotels
- Mega Corporation (MC) - A more complex company with a large management team and structure usually five or more members. EXAMPLE - MegaCorp
- Professional Service Corporation (PSC) - A company of 2 or more individuals wherein all partners have the same profession with the objective to provide specialized services as a group. EXAMPLE - GenBra Space Corp
- Non-Profit Corporation (NpC) - A company with a specific goal or idea rather than in interest in profit. EXAMPLE - Galactic Expedition Agency
- Limited Liability Company (LLC) - A company of one or more individuals under a specific contract or agreement. EXAMPLE - CELAB Galactic Industries
- Defense Contractor (DC) - A company that specializes in defense & crisis management whether for profit or pro bono as aid. EXAMPLE - GenBra Defense Systems
- Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) - A non-profit group that functions independently of any government and provides services to their members and others. EXAMPLE - The Galactic Bazaar