|Freighter Storage Unit|
|Additional storage units|
|Type||Custom Freighter Module|
|This article is about freighter storage units. For regular storage containers, see Storage Container.|
Freighter Storage Units are used to provide additional storage on one's freighter.
A maximum of ten storage units (labelled 0 thru 9) may be built on a Freighter, with each container holding 20 stacks. Each stack will hold 9999 units of a specific resource (1000 in Survival mode), or four times as many of any other items (with the exception of Upgrade Modules) as each slot of the exosuit's inventory can hold.
Hybrid high-capacity storage unit / shelving module for installation in interstellar freighters.
Compatible with all standard life-support fittings.
- The player must be near the terminal within a storage unit in order to manually access its contents.
- Storage units are numbered from 0-9 in the Build Menu to correspond with Storage Containers with the same numbers.
- Each number can only be used once within a given freighter. A given storage unit shares its contents with all Storage Container instances with the same number (1 - 1, 2 - 2, and so on).
- Items can be moved from the exosuit, or starship, inventory to storage units while the player is within a freighter build area containing those storage units, or from anywhere with the Matter Beam upgrade installed.
- Items remotely transferred into storage units cannot be directed to a specific unit. Rather, it gets stacked into the first container (in order from 0 to 9) with an open slot. If the container the item would get deposited into already has a stack of that item, it gets stacked.
- Items may be retrieved from a storage unit by
- opening the freighter's inventory menu while the freighter is in the current system, and navigating through each container as if they were additional inventory tabs;
- requesting items to an empty exosuit or starship slot while in the freighter build area, or anywhere else with the Matter Beam upgrade installed in the freighter;
- physically interacting with the unit's terminal and transferring items directly.
- There seems to be a glitch where sometimes you cannot take things out of a certain container, instead showing the description of a technology in the Starship.
- The issue can be circumvented by taking out a different item stack first, allowing the original item stack to be taken but duplicating an item stack in exosuit inventory.
- NEXT 1.60 - Added as a replacement to Storage Containers on freighters.
- Endurance - New look and icon.