The information from this article is up-to-date as of 12 April, 2022.
|Basic shielding of user from environmental hazards.|
|Category||Exosuit - Hazard|
|Type||Exosuit Environmental Shielding|
|Recharged with||Sodium-related products|
These units operate automatically once a hazard condition is met. Protection depletes at a certain rate, visually indicated by one, two or three left-pointing arrows and the potential addition of extreme at the end of the protection bar (shown as < to <<< for drain and "extreme"). Once the protection is depleted the shield will take damage once every 16 seconds on normal mode.
The Exosuit's Hazard Protection system continually monitors and stabilises the user's environment.
General reactive protection may be augmented with Environmental Shields, offering increased protection against specific conditions.
The device is charged with sodium-based substances. User is advised that a failure to charge the Hazard Protection system may allow their environment to become incompatible with life.
The lifetime of the unit is based on the environment and severity of the hazard. Especially planets with a multitude of transmutations (Frozen Day/Water/Night) can change their hazard during your stay. Storms are always the worst hazard for their planet type and liquids more dangerous than the air, aside of gaia and scorched worlds. Another important thing is the current Game mode:
|Hazard Level 1||8:06||2:42|
|Hazard Level 2||7:58||2:39|
|Hazard Level 3||7:40||2:33|
|Hazard Level 4||6:29||2:10|
|Hazard Level 5||3:33||1:11|
|Hazard Level 6||2:22||0:47|
|Hazard Level 7||1:47||0:36|
|Hazard Level 8||1:38||0:32|
|Hazard Level 9||0:36||0:12|
Actual Hazards do not matter, only planet biome, time, weather.
- Danger Level 0: Gaia worlds, water on scorched worlds etc.
- Non-extreme Gaia (Night/Day)
- Non-extreme Water Gaia/Scorched (Night/Day)
- White Barren (Day)
- White Barren Water (Day/Night)
- Danger Level 1: White planet rest period?
- White Scorched (Night)
- Danger Level 2: White/Red planets
- White Barren (Night)
- White Frozen (Day)
- White Irradiated (Day/Night)
- White Scorched (Day)
- White Toxic (Day/Night)
- Danger Level 3: White planet danger period?
- White Frozen (Night)
- Danger Level 4: White planet liquids. Red planets.
- White Frozen Water (Day/Night)
- Non-extreme Toxic Water (Day/Night)
- Danger Level 5: Red planets. Irradiated and Red Waters.
- White Irradiated Water (Day/Night)
- Danger Level 6: Extreme Rest Periods
- Extreme Scorched (Night)
- Extreme Barren (Day)
- Danger Level 7: Extreme planets. Storms on red planets. Storms on white planets. Interior of Derelict Freighters.
- White Barren Storm (Day)
- White Frozen Storm (Day/Night)
- Non-Extreme Gaia Storms (Day/Night)
- White Irradiated Storm (Day/Night)
- White Scorched Storm (Day/Night)
- Extreme Scorched (Day)
- Extreme Toxic (Day/Night)
- Danger Level 8: Extreme water.
- Extreme Toxic Waters (Day/Night)
- Danger Level 9: Extreme storms.
- Extreme Toxic Storm (Day/Night)
- Extreme Scorched Storm (Day/Night)
Underwater durations refer specifically to toxic/radiation protection drains while underwater on Toxic and Irradiated planets. Not to be confused with Aeration Membrane oxygen drain while underwater. <-- Normally Hazard 2-3. It is not constant!
The remaining protection time can be estimated using the information provided in the lower-left region of the Analysis Visor's overlay. If time runs out while the environmental hazard is still present, the player will begin to take damage periodically until they reach shelter or recharge their protection.
If there are several hazards happening at the same time (e.g. getting irradiated by a Crashed Freighter's cargo container while on a Scorched planet), protection for each hazard depletes at its own rate.
Hazardous FloraDespite the depiction of toxicity, Underground Toxic Hazard is absolutely lethal. Do NOT engage it and destroy it as soon as possible. Its toxicity is so high, that it penetrates a fully charged S-class protection unit and repeatedly damages the life bar. It can reach over 200 Tox and nothing stops it!
Hazardous MaterialEven though extreme Alpha-storms and Supercells can reach up to 32 Rad and be diffused by a radiation module for the entirety of its lifetime, the smaller 22 Rad background radiation of the cargo pods on crashed freighters can not. A hazard module will absorb all drain of the hazard module, but just like the toxic flora it will still penetrate all your protection and hurt you in intervals directly. You are never fully protected against cargo pod radiation!
The Hazard Protection starts working when:
- The temperature exceeds 50°C
- The temperature drops below -20°C
- The Toxicity level exceeds 40 Tox
- The Radiation level exceeds 4 Rad
The Aeration Membrane, which uses similar interface elements to Hazard Protection, starts working when the player has been swimming for more than 5 seconds (see the main Exosuit page for more information).
Hazard Protection is pre-installed on the player's exosuit.
Hazard Protection cannot be dismantled.
Despite being impossible to craft, a placeholder blueprint exists in the Space Anomaly with a suggested build cost of 100 Ferrite Dust.
|Power Duration||Power Duration||Power Duration|
|Toxic Protection Upgrade||Toxic Protection||Short||Medium||Long|
|Radiation Protection Upgrade||Radiation Protection||Short||Medium||Long|
|Thermal Protection Upgrade (Heat)||Heat Protection||Short||Medium||Long|
|Thermal Protection Upgrade (Cold)||Cold Protection||Short||Medium||Long|
|Underwater Protection Module||Oxygen Tank||Short||Medium||Long|
- Foundation - Survival Mode added, in which Hazard Protection depletes 2x faster.
- Pathfinder - Permadeath Mode added, in which, like Survival Mode, Hazard Protection will deplete 2x faster.
- Atlas Rises - devices were charged with Oxide elements Zinc or Titanium, or with Defensive Energy Sources (Shielding Shard, Shielding Plate, Shielding Sheet).
- NEXT - Devices are charged with environmental elements (Phosphorus, Ammonia, Uranium, and Dioxite), Ion Batteries or Advanced Ion Batteries.
- Origins - Devices charged with environmental elements or Ion Batteries.