|Used during initial takeoff and landings|
|Category||Propulsion - Enhancement|
|Type||Vertical Take-off System|
|Recharged with||Uranium or Starship Launch Fuel|
Launch Thrusters is a starship technology.
There will be no fuel cost when Landing Pads or designated landing spots (indicated in flight by concentric blue rings which turn green when the starship gets close enough to land on the spot) are used.
The following table shows the fuel usage for lift-offs.
|Exotic||0 %||25 %||50 %||50 %|
|Explorer||0 %||12.5 %||25 %||25 %|
|Fighter||0 %||25 %||50 %||50 %|
|Hauler||0 %||25 %||50 %||50 %|
|Shuttle||0 %||16.6 %||33.3 %||33.3 %|
If Launch Thrusters is damaged by rough handling or enemy fire, the starship will be unable to lift-off until it is repaired.
Vital launch and landing gear system.
User is advised that specialised, Deuterium-derived fuel is required to recharge thruster. Launch procedures require sufficient fuel levels before activation.
Launch Thruster cannot be dismantled.
- Summoning a starship via the Quick Menu deducts one launch's worth of fuel regardless of its previous location. If there is less than one launch's worth of thruster fuel in that starship, the player will not be able to summon it in this manner until it is refueled.
- Launch Thruster can be refueled remotely if the starship's inventory contains the required fuel items.
- If Efficient Thrusters is installed adjacent to Launch Thrusters, an Upgrade bonus triggers which indirectly affects Launch Thrusters. However Efficient Thrusters doesn't get a bonus in this circumstance as the -20% boost fuel cost is a flat rate reduction. This is the case for survival and perma death modes at least and is unknown if this is intended or error.
- Release - Introduced to the game.
- NEXT - Formerly Plutonium was used for recharging and Carite Sheet was needed for repair.