|The subject of this article is from the Living Ship update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 6 April, 2020.
The information from this article is is up-to-date as of 6 April, 2020.
|Category||Multi-tool - Weapons|
|Type||Mineral Extraction Laser|
|Recharged with||Carbon, Condensed Carbon, Phosphorus|
|This article is about the Beyond version of the Mining Beam. For the Atlas Rises version, see Mining Beam (Atlas).|
Mining Beam is a core component of the multi-tool.
Mining Beam is the default weapon installed on the multi-tool and it is an essential accessory used to expose and capture elements within planetary rock formations and vegetation. If not used carefully, the Mining Beam may result in sentinel scrutiny and aggression.
Getting the mining beam closer to overheat will make it deal more damage.
Multi-Tool Mining Beam powered by Carbon-based Elements. Fire the beam with [Left Mouse Button].
Installs focusing optics within the Multi-Tool, allowing it to emit a high-energy beam. The beam is calibrated to excite molecules within common organic or geological objects, allowing it to operate as a highly effective mining device.
WARNING: Destruction of flora, fauna or minerals may attract Sentinel attention.
Mining Beam cannot be dismantled.
This directed laser mining tool can be charged using the following resources:
- Minerals and flora being mined by this weapon, in addition to granting resources upon their destruction, grant 2 units (1 unit in Survival and Permadeath Game modes) of their primary resource on each mining tick.
- Though it has a listed base Damage Potential of 333.3, it deals greatly reduced damage to fauna, sentinels and other players and it is unable to damage the reinforced doors of Manufacturing Facilities and Operations Centres.
- When adding upgrades for the Mining Beam, placing them next to each other or Mining Beam in the multi-tool inventory will trigger upgrade bonuses, increasing their bonuses above listed values.
- Release - Original game technology.
- NEXT - Recharge materials changed. Formerly recharged by Thamium9, Plutonium, Power Gel, Power Canister and Power Reservoir. Plasma Resonator and procedurally generated Mining Beam Upgrades added.
- Beyond - getting the mining beam closer to overheat now makes it deal more damage. The heat bar also doesn't deplete instantly anymore
- Living Ship - Added Animus Beam and Solar Ray as specialized upgrades for Starbirth mission.