|This article is about the current version of the Phase Beam. For the Atlas Rises version, see Phase Beam (Atlas).|
|Category||Starship - Weapons|
|Type||Spacecraft Laser Device|
Phase Beam is a starship weapon.
Spacefaring beam weapon and asteroid mining tool.
User is advised that organic elements are required to recharge device.
Phase Beam has an unusually long range for a starship weapon, having the ability to hit targets from up to 3000 distance units (3000u) away (for reference, fugitive pirate ships will attack the player if they get within 1500u). By default, the weapon deals damage over time to targets at a tick rate of 5 damage ticks per second, overheating after 1 second of continuous fire. Upon overheating, Phase Beam takes 2 seconds by default to recover from overheating.
As the visuals suggest, Phase Beams are a hit-scan weapon, but with no lock-on potential, making it heavily reliant on HUD's built-in aim assist.
Phase Beam deals 180 base damage per tick (pairs of ticks are visually combined to display 360 base damage per 0.4 seconds) to the following targets: fauna, starships, Space Fleets, and destructible obstacles such as Reinforced Doors (Manufacturing Facilities and Operations Centres). Against starships in particular, the starship weapon does not deal any bonus damage to the rear (that is, it deals 1x damage to the rear).
Phase Beam deals 36 base damage per tick (pairs of ticks are visually combined to display 72 base damage per 0.4 seconds) to all planetary Sentinels.
When used to harvest a planet's flora and minerals, Phase Beam has a base mining power per tick of 36 (pairs of mining damage ticks are visually combined to display 72 per 0.4 seconds). Update: It seems that the mining properties for metals on planets (like copper, gold, etc.) was removed recently.
- The Phase Beam was featured in various pre-release trailers for No Man's Sky, including the PS4 Explore trailer (see below).
- Phase Beam is one of two starship weapons used by NPC starships (the other one being Photon Cannon).
- Release - Added as a weapon.
- NEXT - Fourier De-Limiter and procedurally generated Phase Beam Upgrades added, while Sigma/Tau/Theta upgrades removed. Blueprint changed, formerly used Thamium9, Heridium and Iron. Recharging mechanism removed, previously isotope elements or any Power products used for recharging.
- Beyond - Blueprint changed, Technology Module was renamed to Wiring Loom.
Old (pre-pathfinder update) style ingame icon