|Category||Starship - Weapons|
|Type||High Energy Starship Weapon|
|This article is about the current version of the Positron Ejector. For the Atlas Rises version, see Positron Ejector (Atlas).|
Positron Ejector is a starship upgrade.
Shots are granted a wide cone of destruction.
With reduced range and rate of fire, users are encouraged to engage their targets in close proximity.
Positron Ejector has an unusually short range for a starship weapon, only having the ability to hit targets from up to 750 distance units (750u) away by default (for reference, fugitive pirate ships will attack the player if they get within 1500u). By default, the weapon fires 20 shots at a time at a rate of ~2.5 volleys per second and can fire 3 volleys before overheating, resulting in a time to overheat of ~0.8 seconds, Upon overheating, Positron Ejector takes ~1.4 seconds by default to recover from overheating.
Similar to the Photon Cannon, the Positron Ejector is a hit-scan weapon with an extremely high lock-on potential, making it one of the easiest weapon to land shots with.
Positron Ejector deals 180 base damage per shot (3600 base damage for an entire volley) to the following targets: fauna, starships, Space Fleets, and destructible obstacles such as Reinforced Doors (Manufacturing Facilities and Operations Centres). Against starships in particular, the starship weapon deals 4x damage to the rear (resulting in 720 effective base damage per shot and 14400 effective base damage for an entire volley).
Positron Ejector deals 36 base damage per shot (720 base damage for an entire volley) on direct hits with a full volley to all planetary Sentinels.
- This weapon destroys whatever is directly in front of your ship, but mainly it's a close range weapon. Consider it a "starship shotgun."
- A full 20-shot volley out-damages a Rocket Launcher volley by 20%, but lacks its extremely long range.
- The Positron Ejector is one of the best mining tools. A single burst (from cool to overheating) directed at a large asteroid will give you 200 of the asteroid's material in just a few seconds.
- Positron Ejector's heat status is not properly displayed in the HUD --- the bar that normally shows heat status does not fill up while firing, but the white sliver at its right end turns red when the weapon is close to overheating.
- Pathfinder - Added as a technology.
- NEXT - Fragment Supercharger and procedurally generated Positron Ejector Upgrades added, while Sigma/Tau/Theta upgrades removed. Blueprint changed, formerly used Nickel and Platinum.
- Beyond - Blueprint changed, formerly used Technology Module instead of Wiring Loom