|Salvaged Frigate Module|
|Type||Capital Ship Wiring Platform|
Salvaged Frigate Module is a Constructed Technology.
A technology module harvested from the remains of a large interstellar starship. May be collected from freighter crash sites or salvaged during frigate expeditions.
Useless in its current form, a Research Station aboard your freighter may be able to convert it into useable technology.
- During certain industrial Frigate Expeditions (66%-100%, depending on mission difficulty)
- Looting Freighter Storage Units aboard Crashed Freighters (5%)
- Awarded by completing certain missions in The Nexus (5%)
- Found aboard Derelict Freighters (3%)
- Certain Mission Board jobs. (1%)
- Destroying cargo pods attached to NPC Freighters (1%)
- This results in a wanted level of 2 and player will be engaged by Sentinel starships (Only in non-Outlaw Systems).
- Does not result in standing change unless nearby pod-ships are destroyed in crossfire.
- Infra-Knife Accelerators are great for quickly destroying multiple pods with minimum stray shots
- Note: some pod-ships may spawn inside the freighter-attached cargo pods
- Mind the inventory, as thousands of excess Gold, Platinum, Magnetised Ferrite, Ionised Cobalt, and Chromatic Metals will quickly fill the inventory.
- This also makes it an efficient way to gain units and nanites early in the game
- Destroying the standalone pod-ships that accompany NPC Freighters (1%)
- This results in a wanted level of 2 and player will be engaged by Sentinel starships.
- This results in a reduction in the standing with the NPC race for every ship destroyed
- Reward probabilities extracted from the 3.75 version of the EXPEDITIONREWARDTABLE.MBIN and REWARDTABLE.MBIN game files.
- Beyond - Added to the game.
- Desolation - Added as a loot on Derelict Freighters.
- Outlaws - Altered cargo-pod loot drop tables.