|Description||Mobile space station|
The Space Anomaly is a point of interest.
The Space Anomaly is one of the various star system Points of Interest.
It is a giant mobile space station that exists outside of time and space, and can be visited by any experienced Traveller during their journeys.
The Space Anomaly used to be home only to Priest Entity Nada, Specialist Polo, and the Quicksilver Synthesis Companion. With the release of the Beyond update, the Anomaly's interior was expanded and overhauled into a large social hub that can be accessed anywhere in the universe, where Travellers may meet and take on missions at The Nexus. The Anomaly is also now home to a dozen different Travellers known as Iterations alongside the original trio of Nada, Polo, and the Quicksilver Synthesis Companion.
Nada is able to grant the player shortcuts to the centre of the galaxy, aid them on their quest to find Atlas, or supply them with technology to aid their exploration. If the player selects the shortcut option, the location of a Black Hole will be revealed to the player. If the player wishes to gain help finding the Atlas, the location of an Atlas Interface will be given, and if the player asks for aid in their own exploration, a random technology blueprint will be granted to the player.
Players also have the option to buy blueprints upon speaking with Polo (while each attempt apart from the first one will cost 20 Carbon). In later encounters with Polo in other star systems, one may gain a blueprint in exchange for collected data upon speaking with them. Note that sometimes past Polo there is a multi-tool locker that will open on approach to reveal a purchasable Multi-tool.
The Quicksilver Synthesis Companion was created by Polo in preparation for Community Research, to help them explore synthesis and creation, transforming Quicksilver into exotic goods. The Companion now resides in a small stall to the right of the Nexus as you approach it from the Anomaly landing pads.
The landing area of the Anomaly has 16 landing pads. The landing pads surround a central terminal called the Nexus which provides multiplayer missions. Behind it, there are two ramps leading to a large building. The Quicksilver Synthesis Companion can be found next to the right ramp.
The following areas are located in or around the central building:
- Interior central front room - Nada and Polo can be found here
- Interior left room - a large Teleportation Terminal room which can be used to access Featured Bases and bases of players currently in the Anomaly
- Exterior right plaza - a social area with an Appearance Modifier, an Egg Sequencer and other Iterations who may or may not want to trade with the player.
- Interior back left room - Korvax Simulation Terminal room
- Interior central back room - a variety of traders offering blueprints for Exosuits, Multi-Tools, Starships, Exocrafts
- Interior central back room - Construction Research Station (unattended) for unlocking base-building parts in exchange for Salvaged Data
- Interior central back room - Synthesis Laboratory (unattended) for unlocking new product recipes in exchange for
The interior back left room to the right of the Teleportation Terminal houses a Korvax subsimulation of an artificial star system, saved from the destruction of Korvax Prime by Nada. It can be interacted with through the Korvax Simulation Terminal at its base.
In the storyline quest The First Traveller, one can choose to either transfer Artemis' consciousness into the subsimulation to restore their life or to not transfer it, instead allowing them to die and end their suffering. Nada and Polo support one regardless of their decision.
- The option to help Atlas cannot be used again after the creation of a new star or once the player stopped following the Atlas Path.
- Reaching the centre of the galaxy does not reset the Atlas Path.
- The Space Anomaly first spawn happens after the player has one warp, after that it can be called to any system using Quick Menu.
- With each major update, the Space Anomaly is in worse condition with missing panels, steam leaks, and exposed pipework.
- Priest Entity Nada - Co-discoverer of the Space Anomaly and unofficial leader of the Travellers.
- Specialist Polo - Co-discoverer of the Space Anomaly, Nada's best friend, righthand Gek, and second-in-command.
- Quicksilver Synthesis Companion - an artificial lifeform created by Polo to process quicksilver into exotic items for Travellers.
- Nexus - a spherical computer created by Nada and Polo, which functions as a meeting point for Travellers and mission board onboard the Space Anomaly.
The following Travellers may be found in the Anomaly. Silicone/biological helmets with the appearance of the 12 Iteration travellers may be purchased from the Quicksilver Synthesis Companion. Once purchased, these can be used in the Appearance Modifier.
- Iteration Ares - pays for milestones or products and sells basic Upgrade Modules
- Iteration Ariadne - introduces the player to the Nexus
- Iteration Cronus - a temperamental food critic. Will judge the player's cooking skills paying 0 to 129 for each food sample.
- Iteration Gemini
- Iteration Helios - an ancient, tree-like being, retired after a lifetime of exploration. Pays for discoveries.
- Iteration Hesperus - owl-like
- Iteration Eos - Multi-tool Research
- Iteration Hyperion - Starship Research
- Iteration Mercury - a Teleportation Terminal guardian
- Iteration Perses - Exocraft Research
- Iteration Selene - Exosuit Research
- Iteration Tethys - uses a Gek disguise
- Release - Introduced to the game.
- Foundation - Fixed collision in the Space Anomaly that was causing issues when exiting larger ships.
- Atlas Rises - Hidden changes: Korvax Simulation Terminal added as part of the storyline.
- Atlas Rises 1.35 - Players will no longer be directed to the Space Anomaly in systems where it can't spawn (e.g. when an Atlas Station is present).
- Atlas Rises 1.38 - Fixed an issue where the Space Anomaly could remain in the player's home system indefinitely.
- NEXT 1.55 - Placed the Space Anomaly marker to the entrance rather than the centre of the model.
- NEXT 1.58 - Quicksilver Synthesis Companion added.
- NEXT 1.60 - Additional landing pads added.
- Abyss 1.70 - Improved ejecting from your ship in confined spaces, prevented being launched through low hanging ceilings and anomaly walls. Fixed a crash caused by the anomaly in certain systems. Prevented the anomaly being re-summoned if it is already present.
- Polo no longer provides the player with an AtlasPass v1 blueprint.
- Added the ability to summon the Space Anomaly to your location from anywhere in the galaxy.
- Significantly expanded and reworked the interior of the Space Anomaly.
- The Space Anomaly now serves as a hub, bringing together all the Travellers who are onboard regardless of their physical location in the universe.
- Added a new teleporter to the Space Anomaly. This teleporter allows players to visit the base of any other player currently on the Anomaly with them, as well as highlighting featured bases from the community.
- Moved multiplayer mission selection to the Nexus, a new hub area in the Space Anomaly.
- Added new and unique visuals for new NPCs aboard the Space Anomaly.
- Added an NPC to the Space Anomaly who will exchange a different product for nanites each day (Ares).
- Added an NPC to the Space Anomaly who will exchange milestone progress for nanites (Ares).
- Added an NPC to the Space Anomaly who will exchange different categories of discovery data for nanites each day (Helios).
- Added technology and base part research stations to the Space Anomaly, allowing players to browse the full tech tree, plan their upgrades, and purchase new technologies with nanites.
- Added an NPC to the Space Anomaly who will exchange food products for nanites (Cronus).
- Beyond 2.05 - Fix for crashes occurring in the Space Anomaly. Fixed a number of issues causing some players to experience low framerate after visiting the Space Anomaly. Fixed a situation where network connectivity issues could prevent players from speaking to NPCs aboard the Space Anomaly.
- Beyond 2.06B - Fixes for more rare crashes in Nexus. Fixes for performance issues within the Nexus and Trading Posts.
- Beyond 2.08A - Fixed a rare crash when summoning the Space Anomaly.
- Beyond 2.09 - Fixed an issue that caused starships to spin endlessly while attempting to dock in the Space Anomaly. Fixed an issue where some players were unable to summon the Space Anomaly after upgrading from NEXT. Fixed an issue that caused overly dramatic camera shake in the Space Anomaly.
- Beyond 2.09.1 - Fixed a number of collision issues on the Space Anomaly.
- Synthesis - New entries added to Starship and Exosuit upgrade trees, and to the Construction Research Station trees.
- ExoMech - Added ExoMech related entries to the Exocraft and Construction Research Station trees.
- Crossplay - Added purchasing of Upgrade Modules from Iteration Ares
- Desolation - Added two new modules to the Multi-tool upgrade tree.
- Companions - Added an Egg Sequencer.
- Prisms - Added a Synthesis Laboratory.
- Outlaws - Cargo Scan Deflector added to the Starship upgrade tree.