|Category||Starship - Weapons|
|Type||Spacecraft Projectile Weapon|
|Rate of Fire||~7 shots/sec|
|Time to Overheat||~8 seconds|
|Overheat Cooldown Time||4 seconds|
Spewing Vents is the default weapon installed on all Living starships.
A mess of sacs and sphincters, these vents generate and expel globules of plasma. When fused to the weapon systems of the ship, these are super-heated and then expelled at high-pressure.
The Spewing Vents can be used both in direct combat and in clearing asteroids for traversal.
Spewing Vents cannot be dismantled.
Spewing Vents have a typical range for a starship weapon, having the ability to hit targets from up to 1500 distance units (1500u) away (for reference, fugitive pirate ships will attack the player if they get within 1500u). By default, the weapon fires at a rate of ~7 shots per second and can fire 56 shots before overheating, resulting in a time to overheat of ~8 seconds, Upon overheating, Spewing Vents takes 4 seconds by default to recover from overheating.
Other than its bigger overheat tolerance, Spewing Vents behave identical to Photon Cannons, having the same hit-scan mechanics with high lock-on potential.
Spewing Vents deal 120 base damage on direct hits to the following targets: fauna, starships, Space Fleets, and destructible obstacles such as Reinforced Doors (Manufacturing Facilities and Operations Centres). Against starships in particular, the starship weapon deals 4x damage to the rear (resulting in 480 effective base damage).
Spewing Vents deals 24 base damage on direct hits with a full volley to all planetary Sentinels.
- Spewing Vents Node - Potential improvements include Damage, Fire Rate and Heat Dispersion (see info in gallery below).
- Spewing Vents Node can evolve for : C to B - 210 , B to A - 310 , A to S - 430 .
- The total number of nanites required to evolve a Spewing Vents Node from C to S is 950 .
- Upgrade Nodes can be obtained by shooting Void Eggs in Space Encounters. They are more common in uncharted and abandoned systems.
- The installation location of the weapon will affect its projectile color. If the weapon is installed in the Storage Sacs, the plasma fire will be green. If it's installed in the Organ Chamber, the weapon fire will be blue.