This board is for any discussion that relates to No Man's Sky and it's affiliates.
- 1 Useful links for home page
- 2 Worth changing galaxies?
- 3 Wiki suggestions
- 4 Quest section
- 5 Power usages
- 6 Version:Origins Template
- 7 Tainted Metal to Nanites
- 8 Can we add a filter like "Discoveries" to filter out all the planets when I search something?
- 9 Suggestion of a new "Sentinel Activity Level" parameter for planets
- 10 Translate to Russian
- 11 Translate to Spanish
- 12 Proposal to Add Newspaper Menu
From the automated support email reply:
FAQ / Help Centre: https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Send us feedback, ideas & suggestions: https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=194549
Report a bug, crash or other issue: https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=167605
Cruddly (talk) 06:10, 31 August 2018 (UTC)
Worth changing galaxies?
ok so i got 1 simple question...is it worth going to another galaxies or should i just stay in Hilbert Dimension or Calypso. Does it benefit player at to move from galaxy to galaxy ? Afc that is goal of the game, but is there any benefit or point to it? or should we just stay in same galaxy and explore until we get bored with game ?
- That totally depends on why you want to play the game. There are so many possible goals that there really is no correct answer to your question! Some players have a goal of visiting as many galaxies as they can, so for them, moving from galaxy to galaxy does benefit them. Others prefer to discover as many Star systems or life forms as they can. For them, staying in one galaxy is perfectly fine, and they may never leave Hilbert. If you are following the Atlas path, then one galaxy works.
- As far as I know, switching galaxies will not earn you extra points or extra gear or extra units. It's all in how you play the game. Ddfairchild (talk) 16:56, 1 January 2017 (UTC)
I was in Creative Mode and working hard on building a new base when a message popped up on my screen....it included a call sign or user name and a message saying that this person was taking a picture of a plant. I didn't get it at first what this was but as it turns out another ship had landed in close proximity to my base. I walked down to his ship and looked around but didn't see anyone. I really hate I missed out on getting to communicate with this traveler but it occurred to me that I didn't know how to communicate with him. I've got over 800 hours in game but I'm not up to speed on the NEXT update yet. My question is: How could I have talked to this person? I feel like I missed a great opportunity to make my first friend in No Mans Sky.
- A couple suggestions. Create a tag for player discovery pages so that they can be filtered out in the recent changes page. Right now it is very difficult to see which recent game related changes and page additions have been made, they are lost in the flood of discovery pages.
- What would you specifically categorize as a discovery page? The recent changes page is intended as just that...one for recent changes of all types. And all pages, discovery or not, have the possibility of containing game-relevant data that could be changed. For example, I have been going through and adding links to pages with "racetrack" on them, now that we have a page for it. Ddfairchild (talk) 18:10, 14 April 2017 (UTC)
I thought it was obvious. All player uploaded pages about any procedural content. It outnumbers the game pages (which traditional game wikis only contain) like 20:1, which makes it very easy to miss changes.
- Probably the simplest solution would be to add the Mechanics category to the game pages. But there will be some overlay, I don't think there's anyway to get around it. For example, if you look at the Planet page, any graphics you choose to use will be player-uploaded from a player discovery. I guess you have to just keep that to a mininum and not worry about it. Same with the resources page for an individual resource. Any graphic you use, other than one extracted from the game code for the icon, will have to be a player discovery of some sort. Ddfairchild (talk) 20:15, 14 April 2017 (UTC)
- My second suggestion is to create a tag to ensure that the article is up to date with the most recent version, if an article is not matching up with the current versions features, it can be flagged as out of date.
- I get your point, but I think this issue is a bit more complex. Suppose I review a page to the best of my knowledge and add a category tag saying "Update 1.24". Does that mean that everything on the page is correct as of 1.24? That may be possible on a basic page, but on some of our larger pages, that's going to be a no. I may know that items A, B, and C changed and fixed them, but not be aware of item D. So even though I tag the page with 1.24, it's still an out of date page.
- And it's even deeper than that. Not only do we have release differences, but we have Game mode differences and Platform differences (not to mention British vs American spellings) that can make a page out of date, if you will. There is a category called Mechanics, I believe. I suppose it could be used on pages such as resources, upgrades, etc that are not discoveries. At least that would mark them out. But adding a specific release version to each page would cause, I think, a large amount of effort for limited benefit.
- New suggestion: I do think it would be wise to add a quest section on the main page.
> This could regroup all quests related pages (like the overseer quest line, with big *spoiler alert* for new players.
--IncuB (talk) 12:15, 6 August 2018 (UTC)
--Mcangaf98 (talk): As I'm new in the wiki, I will leave a suggestion here: - In technology that requires electricity power, it would be (I think) a good idea to put how much power it uses in the general characteristics.
- It could be made in the Hydroponic trays, the Health Station, the Galactic Trade Terminal (for building it), the Base Teleport Module... (all the base buildings that require power). And also on the power generators (Solar panel, electromagnetic generator).
- Sounds like a workable idea - thanks for the suggestion. I have added a "power" parm to the Product infobox that will allow this to be displayed. If you'd like to update the appropriate pages, you can do the following:
1) edit the page, and in the infobox, add a new parmameter line after the "| complexity =" tag. It should look like "| power =". You can enter the value here.
2) in the Additional information section, enter a bullet point item as follows, replacing the ??? with the proper value
* [[Power]] consumption is ???kP
You can find a list of current values for a dozen pages or so on the Power page. I have updated the Health Station page to follows these suggestions if you want to see what it should actually look like.
--Mcangaf98 (talk):-I must thank you (I don't know much about editing and so). I'll be updating the pages.
The template for Origins version has no icon. Is this intentional or just an oversight? All of the other versions (e.g, Atlas Rises, NEXT, Beyond, and even NextGen) have icons, but there is none for Origins.
--Joaquinandujar (talk) 13:27, 6 November 2020 (UTC)joaquinandujar
- That's a good question, and the short answer is, yes, it does have one. So why doesn't it show up on the Origins page? The Version macro is set to show the banner for any release that is NOT the current one. Next week when NextGen kicks in, we'll switch over to that release, and then the Origins banner (and icon) will show up. Thanks! Ddfairchildd (talk) 16:10, 6 November 2020 (UTC)
Tainted Metal to Nanites
Through hours of watching tainted metal refine into nanites, I have concluded that it is Doom Cycling, 0.6sec/unit output. How do I add this to the refining query and the use query? I edited the Nanite Cluster page to show this, but on ever other page it still says (Unknown sec/unit output) --Joaquinandujar (talk) 20:21, 6 November 2020 (UTC)
- Another good question. The answer in this case is generally, wait a bit. Things like refining, crafting, and other queries may take awhile to refresh through the system, mainly because of page caching. If you've waited 24 hours and haven't seen the expected change, feel free to shoot me a note and ask. Ddfairchildd (talk) 20:27, 6 November 2020 (UTC)
Can we add a filter like "Discoveries" to filter out all the planets when I search something?
Sometimes when I search for something, I have to scroll past all the discoveries to see it. Can we add a filter to keep the search from being too cluttered? --Joaquinandujar (talk) 14:21, 12 November 2020 (UTC)
Suggestion of a new "Sentinel Activity Level" parameter for planets
A suggestion for some sort of a numbered parameter for a Sentinel level.
1 is low Sentinel activity
2 is high Sentinel activity
3 is aggressive Sentinels.
It would be shown as:
It would make much clearer the actual level of Sentinel activity.
--Joaquinandujar (talk) 19:10, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
Level one sentinel activity is that sentinels only guard secure facilities and do not patrol the planet. Level two is that sentinels patrol the entire planet and guard all secure facilities, indicated by a yellow High Sentinel Activity when scanning the planet from space. Level three is planet-wide patrols, Sentinels shoot on sight, indicated by red Aggressive Sentinels when scanning a planet from space.
--Joaquinandujar (talk) 19:10, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
Translate to Russian
Can I translate pages from this wiki to Russian?
Translate to Spanish
- The Spanish wiki can be found here: Spanish wiki. Feel free to make changes there as needed. Ddfairchildd (talk) 15:59, 10 November 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks! I have been helping with the content pages but not sure how to modify the frontpage and versions pages (they are protected and the Spanish wiki doesn't have an admin). Blackorzar (talk) 17:01, 10 November 2021 (UTC)
- You can request admin rights for abandoned wikis here: https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Adoption:Requests. Lenni (talk) 07:14, 16 November 2021 (UTC)
Proposal to Add Newspaper Menu
Hello, I would like to propose to add a menu link for Newspapers just after the Additional -> Journal located in the top menu. This would need a Newspapers page to land this link. This page would list the newspapers that are available in the different civilizations. I found by a chance (after months of using this wiki) this newspaper: The Eissentimes Press, and I found it amazing! Are there more newspapers within the civilizations? It would be great if they could have an easy way to locate them by any visitor. Please let me know your feedback on this idea. Blackorzar (talk) 04:46, 21 November 2021 (UTC)