|This page fills the role of Embassy for The Qitanian Empire community in Civilized space.|
The information found here represents a user-created civilization hub that is a creative addition to the game.
The information found here represents a user-created civilization hub that is a creative addition to the game.
|The Qitanian Empire|
|Capital planet||Hemiti Q35|
The Qitanian Empire is a civilized space community.
The Qitanian Empire (Qitanian is pronounced Kee-Tay-Nee-An) is a Civilized space community and a reason-minded, pacifistic civilization originating from the Qitand-Tus star system in the Oefergia Boundary region near the center of the Euclid galaxy.
The Qitanian Empire is always open for contacts and alliances with other civilizations that wish to peacefully co-exist and benefit from each others' wealth and knowledge. The membership in the United Federation of Travelers has been established to highlight this aspect of the Qitanian spirit.
Qitanians describe their civilization as a "free Empire of the people’s choice" and are an advanced, modern society focused on science, exploration, documentation, architecture, and arts.
In March 2020, the Empire officially discovered and claimed the Gaquang region near the center of the Euclid galaxy and Exploration Fleet scouts are currently in the process of mapping, documenting and colonizing star systems in this area of space.
Our mission is to gather as much knowledge as possible about the universe we live in, and share our wealth and knowledge with all other entities. We run and support several supply farms in the Euclid galaxy and are known to be patient and helpful advisors regarding any topic related to traveling, exploring, aviation, base building, and technologies.
The NMSQitanianHelpCenter subreddit is a place to contact Qitanian advisors for help and advice.
The official emblem of The Qitanian Empire was created by PC Qitanian Shruik/Kappa-Spock and introduced on Feb 21, 2020.
The emblem represents the Empire and the Qitanian spirit with the use of a clean and pure white/gold color scheme, precious crests, and the official ship of the Qitanian Knights of the Good Light as a reference to our will to both explore the new and defend the known. The ship's jet trail forms a line that turns the Good Light's eternal circle into a golden “Q”. The diplos, the Geknip symbol, and the Atlas stand for our love and appreciation to all the known and yet-to-discover wonders and mysteries of our universe, and the image of our beautiful capital planet Hemiti Q 35 in the center shall remind us that although there is an almost infinite universe to explore - there’s no place like home, and no feeling like coming back to it.
The Qitanian Empire is the first player-created civilization in the universe of No Man's Sky with an own language. A basic Qitanian dictionary can be found here.
The Qitanian Empire proudly supports and practices the growing and harvesting of NipNip Buds as well as the production and consumption of GekNip, for example at the Dapper Diplo Dough Depot's La Hacienda 96 NipNip farm and leisure area.
An important part of the Qitanian culture is the production and consumption of Qitanian Whiskey, an inebriant and sickly sweet, but non-addictive Fire Water brewed from Star Bulb that has to be grown naturally and within eyeshot of The Qitanian Capital Base on Hemiti Q35, and Fireberry. The Qitanian Whiskey is traditionally stored in wooden barrels and served 24/7 at all Qitanian bases and supply depot bars. Qitanians are advised to always carry a decent amount of original Hemitian Star Bulb in their exosuit so they can brew their own while exploring the universe.
Ancient Qitanian chant "Ye yoo Qitand-yoom", audio and slide show of pictures from the capital planet Hemiti Q35:
The Qitanian civilization was established by and named after Qitan, a legendary demigod who is said to be the son of Yelah, a woman of Hemitian descent, and a supernatural entity which is referred to as “The Good Light of the Galactic Core”.
Naming and building Guidelines
Members are encouraged to name star systems with the prefix "Qitand - ", which will declare the suffix as "owned/claimed by Qitan" in the Qitanian language.
The official colors of The Qitanian Empire are gold, white, and black. Qitanians are encouraged to use these colors for base building (see The Qitanian Capital Base), character design and on starships.
The Ayath'em Totem
The Ayath'em Totem depicts members of an ancient, pre-Qitanian civilization which are called "Ayath'em (the old ones)". Ancient cave paintings depict them as the first sentient species that ever inhabited Hemiti, but it is unclear if they were humans/animals/hybrids or even travelers from distant corners of the universe or an alternate reality.
Qitanians use that Totem as a spiritual decoration for their bases, especially when they want their builds to be recognized as of Qitanian origin in non-Qitanian space.
The oldest known Ayath'em Totems are found at the "Temple of Ahet-roons" on the Qitanian capital planet Hemiti Q35, a base owned by Qitanian council member Jean_Jester.
The Qitanian Knights of the Good Light
The Knights of the Good Light (KOTGL) are the Qitanian Empire's own security service and welfare organisation. They descend from members of the Order of the Good Light, an ancient brotherhood of Qitanians who had dedicated themselves to the study and practical application of the laws and forces that run our universe as well as gratouitously sharing their wealth and knowledge with all living entities.
The brotherhood of the Order of the Good Light was very aware of respecting, protecting and preserving all living things, and as legend has it, they found ways to develop and use supernatural powers like telepathy, telekinesis and spiritual teleportation. Early members of the order were contemporaries of Qitan and had probably been taught to use these powers by himself; his descent and strong spiritual connection to the Good Light of the galactic core might even have empowered him to telepathically transfer some of his abilities to others.
After Qitan's physical death and his return to the Good Light, the order grew in its activities and member count and successfully spread the Qitanian spirit in the then-known universe. The order operated from a temple on planet Navede in the Qitand-Tyr system one short warp from Qitand-Tus, where they trained and improved their powers and abilities. But centuries of experiments with inter-dimensional reality-shifting, summoning and preserving rifts in time and space, and thereby weakening the boundaries between dimensions lead to a reality breach that destroyed the temple, buried it under terrain and transformed the former lush paradise planet Navede into a barren and hostile desert.
Only a handfull of templars survived and returned to Qitand-Tus, traumatized and deprived of most of their powers, but still passing on some of their abilities and all of their knowledge to their descendants.
These descendants are today's Knights of the Good Light, equipped with comprehensive ancient and mysterious powers and knowledge, securing and supporting fellow travelers all across the universe. Their uniforms and armour show the traditional Qitanian colors, and they can be seen at community events and elsewhere patrolling in their white and yellow "Aegis of the Eguro" needlenose fighters.
As the Qitanian spirit demands it, they will never attack, but always defend, and are ready to protect and secure with full force at any given time.
If you want to join the Qitanian Empire, please contact a Qitanian Advisor via NMS_QitanianEmpire and express your wish.
Although Qitanians are originally humanoid anomaly characters, it is not mandatory to be one yourself. All members of any race as well as all entities and beings that feel like they should be a Qitanian and are willing to follow and identify with the Qitanian directives of being friendly, peaceful, reasonable, and helpful people can join the Qitanian Empire and benefit from being part of it.
Once approved, you are free to officially call yourself a member of the Qitanian Empire and discover, colonize, name, document, speak, and act in its name. You will also be part of the Qitanian trade and exchange system and have advanced and unlimited access to the Qitanian supply farms.
If you wish to join the Empire, sign up on our Census page.
The following systems have been claimed for colonization:
The rules and laws of the Qitanian Empire, according to the teachings of Qitan as bequeathed in “Yereh ed-bal (The Book of The Good Light)”:
- You are one individual among billions. Unique, but not superior to anyone.
- All life is sacred, and you will respect and protect it.
- You defend yourself, but you do not attack.
- You colonize, but you don’t invade.
- You help whoever needs help.
- You share what you own, you gift your excess, and you do not brag about your wealth.
- You defend those in danger and protect those who seek shelter, but you do not engage in any acts of war.
- You answer when asked, you’re always honest, and when you speak, your words will weigh more than your silence.
- The most valuable currencies are knowledge and generosity; earn and spend them wisely, and you will never be short of either.
- This is a game, and supposed to be fun. Take a break whenever you feel that it’s not that anymore.
History & Achievements
- October 30, 2018: PS4 player Edvintage (Kash Karoon) lands on planet Hemiti Q35 for the first time. Few days later, he decides to make the planet his permanent home and builds the first Qitanian Capital base on PS4 creative mode. Plans to establish a fictional civilization are made, and parameters for the future Empire framed.
- December 23, 2018: construction of The Qitanian Capital Base on PS4 normal mode begins and marks the actual founding day of The Qitanian Empire.
- March 2019: The Qitanian Empire becomes a member of the United Federation of Travelers.
- September 5, 2019: the Qitanian Dictionary is made public to serve as a naming guideline for star systems, planets, points of interest and bases. The United Federation of Travelers confirms that the Qitanian Empire is the first player-created civilization in the No Man's Sky universe with its own language.
- December 28, 2019: The Qitanian Empire participates in the Unification Day 2019 event on PS4 and PC.
- In January 2020, The Qitanian Empire reaches Hub status.
- January 22, 2020: The Qitanian Empire is mentioned in the release notes for development update 6 (Version 2.26) with a video of Qitanian council member Kash Karoon's ByteBeat composition "Nahan-ed (Qitanian lullaby)"
- January 25/26, 2020: foundation of the first Qitanian-owned companies Dapper Diplo Dough Depot and Red Giant Industries.
- February 21, 2020: The Qitanian Capital Base becomes a Featured Base at the space anomaly and accessible to all PS4 players for three weeks.
- May 14, 2020: The Qitanian Empire's founder and council member Kash Karoon performs the first ingame live concert in the history of No Man's Sky at the La Hacienda 96 NipNip farm and leisure area.
- June 15, 2020: the first crossplay meetup of members of the Qitanian Empire at the throne room of The Qitanian Capital Base on Hemiti Q35 takes place, featuring council members Kash Karoon/Edvintage (PS4) and Beacher1 (PC) as well as KOTGL The_Gek (PC) and master builder Jean_Jester (PS4).
- June 18, 2020: the La Hacienda 96 base becomes the venue of the first ingame crossplay live concert with members of The Qitanian Empire, The Eissentam Qitanian Empire, Black Star Order, Empire of Phantomium Marxium and Wild Space.
- June 27, 2020: council members Edvintage and Beacher1 are announced to be among the inductees for the 2020 Hall of Fame and listed as such in the Crossplay section of the Civilized Space History page.
- July 5, 2020: the Qitanian Empire retires from the United Federation of Travelers.
- Dec 19, 2020: the Qitanian Empire is represented with a number of bases in the Unification Day 2020 system. The base of Qitanian Council Member beacher1 (PC normal mode) is used for a crossplay multiplayer gathering of dozens of players spending two minutes in silence for the victims of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Jan 2, 2021: the Qitanian Empire re-joins the United Federation of Travelers.
- Feb 5, 2021: the ingame live concerts of council member Kash Karoon/Ed Vintage have been added to the Civilized Space History page (under "Kash Karoon" in the Living Ship - ExoMech section).
- Feb 12, 2021: the Qitanian-owned Dapper Diplo Dough Depot company announces the foundation of Galaxy Records, the first No Man's Sky ingame record company offering services in recording, editing and publishing music created with the Bytebeat Device by various players.
- Apr 6, 2021: The Qitanian Empire's emblem is added to the list of unlockable items at the Quicksilver Synthesis Companion's shop on the anomaly.
- Apr 12, 2021: The Qitanian Empire's banner is unlocked for purchase at the Quicksilver Synthesis Companion's shop for the cost of 220 quicksilver.
- May 13, 2021: The Qitanian Empire's logo is now available as a decal at the Quicksilver Synthesis Companion's shop for the cost of 400 quicksilver.
- Jun 4, 2021: The Qitanian Empire establishes a themed colony ("Mud Hut Colony") in the Qitand-Kehaanh-Tizan system in Euclid.