Life Pod article
Hey, wanted to let you know that this article needs an update: 1. When you die in space, I don't believe you loose your ship or get a life pod; instead pieces of your ship have to be repaired. 2. Also, planetary beacons are not necessary in order to upload your discoveries. Instead you go to Options (in PS4, not sure avout PC, sorry) and rename/upload your discoveries from there. 3. Another thing, I'm not sure you loose your "pending" discoveries (those that have not been uploaded yet) when you die on a planet. (Have not confirmed this yet) Keep up the great work, the wiki is looking awesome :D
Why did you undo my corrections on the binoculars page, there are spelling and grammar errors.–Preceding unsigned comment was added by Htwo0 (talk • contribs) at 15:10, 05 August 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Was this meant for someone else? I did not touch that page. --Alianin T • C 17:01, 5 August 2016 (UTC)
Sorry it must be a bug, I clicked on someone else and it went to your page.
Woah, the same day I started working on Template:Crafting you come out with the mouseover stuff.
At least Template:Crafting/Image is somewhat useful. --TheNinth (talk) 19:31, 20 August 2016 (UTC)
"Templates" of "Discovery: xxxx"
User TheNinth was creating many pages what he called "template". Clearly he doesn't understand what does "template" means. I admire his merits and his eagerness want to make NMS wiki better but this is going out of hand. Just look at all the pages start with Discovery: , you'll understand. Here are few issues:
- They are literary the same, use same formatting. Could've just make ONE SINGLE PAGE with that particular format and be done with it
- Look closing, there are exact same specie with multiple pages. Why? Because according to him "They are different, they have different visual properties and height/weight statistics.I think that makes them different enough."
- Also he's attempting to create inconsistency for planets which format is already set (by me and Ddfairchild and other fews), by having "Discovery" as the page title. I guarentee you he's going call that a "template" as well.
Please thought this thorough sincerely, this situation is uncontrollable by me and I don't have the right anyway. But it sadden me to have somebody who aren't ACTIVE at all (least for the time since I started) and all the sudden BAM! BANG! POW! have massive loads of "templates" flooding the wiki. --Wei2Awesome (talk) 08:15, 27 August 2016 (UTC)
Hello there. I saw your update alphabetizing the order of the known galaxies. I didn't want to simply undo the changes. What I would suggest is keeping them in the order they are originally encountered in-game, so anyone who visits the NMS gamepedia should know exactly which one to expect once they reach the center of their current galaxy. By clicking on the category button below the table on this link you can already see all galaxies in alphabetic order.
--Dassius (talk) 09:57, 18 December 2016 (UTC)
- That was actually a change I made, and as long as we can be sure that the current order of succession IS the current order (i.e. is it the same on both PC and PS/4? Is it the same after the Foundation update? etc) then that's fine with me. I have restored it back to the unsorted order. Ddfairchild (talk) 03:42, 19 December 2016 (UTC)
Hey I was just curious how do you get such high quality icons for various items and resources? I'm working on a few wiki articles about stuff added in NEXT and want to make sure they are high quality. --–Preceding unsigned comment was added by Dracoliat (talk • contribs) at 17:41, 25 July 2018 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- We got them by extracting the assets from the game. I'm not sure if I have the tool anymore to do it. I'll check. --Alianin T • C 17:56, 25 July 2018 (UTC)
Broken category tag
Hello! On the No Man Sky's wiki some editors, mostly IP addresses with USA, Germany and England locations unintentionally (hopefully) break the categories with their edits. What it means in wiki terms, the category's internal link turned into a numbered external link. The other common thing is this happens with visual edit. Did any other wiki experience this in the past week? Gorla (talk) 12:02, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
- Hello! This is a known bug we're working on fixing and is related to the VisualEditor. All we can do right now is just fix the categories as we come across them. I'll let you know once we have it resolved. Apologies for the hassle! --Alianin T • C 23:31, 1 August 2018 (UTC)